Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotKRAUT's E30 .325i Trailer Thread

Just picked up the car this morning, here's a teaser, pics to follow :argh

Attachments

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SO on...haha and this trailer is going to be quite a bit different from the other ones done, more on that later :)

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
i want the best of the two roundels,and maybe a couple other little goodies.

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cleaned up the parts car a little, have it almost completely gutted...got a tad more work to do, but all in due time :) Taking the camera next time to get some pics of the gutted parts car...its pretty thoroughly worked over...just about ready for the sawzall...

·
W00T
2,714 Posts
you have an instrument cluster in it by any chance? the glass on mine (i know its plastic) is broken. I want to change it when i paint the needles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
you have an instrument cluster in it by any chance? the glass on mine (i know its plastic) is broken. I want to change it when i paint the needles.

I might be able to help you out. I have a replacement that I need to install, my original is still good, but the battery is shot as well as the odometer. I was just going to replace the whole cluster.

Since we're on the discussion of parts, any idea where I can get a good deal on a heater core for my '90 325i?

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dont replace just the core, get the valve also, pointless to do one without the other...autopartswarehouse is one of the best deals i have found...also if you google it they have coupon codes as well :argh

·
Registered
22 Posts
dont replace just the core, get the valve also, pointless to do one without the other...autopartswarehouse is one of the best deals i have found...also if you google it they have coupon codes as well :argh

Thanks!

That's the best thing to do as long I'm going to have it out anyway, Kind of like replacing the wear sensors when doing the brakes, it's the practical way. I'm kind of shooting in the dark on this as it is. I'm assuming it's the heater core since I'm smelling anti-freeze when I run the heat. Strange thing is, the windows aren't fogging up at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts

By the way, those are some nice rims you're running, are they 14's? I wouldn't mind changing mine out for something like that, but haven't had much luck finding anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For all concerned.

I just found a local guy that posted this ad on Craigslist, "BMW 87 325is/91 318is part out e30". If you want to see any pics, you can check them out here, Pics. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can go by (he's local for me) and check them out, take some more pics, etc. He does have an "M" series instrument cluster (I don't need one) if anyone is interested.

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

New take on E30 convertible. Got the idea while watching Dumbo on shrooms.

Thinking about renting out the room under the roof as a "cozy studio apt"

I invited a few of my friends from narcotics anonymous over...

"dude this would be an awesome spot to hide drugs"

so much torque it does wheelies

Good progress today, had a good time with the sawzall...took all of an hour and a half to do all the gutting and cutting... :argh

1 - 20 of 38 Posts