BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work, 78 in a 50. Cop said he was gonna cut me a break and not give me reckless (20+ in VA is reckless). I'm gonna have to pay out the ass, and insurance will probably go up. This is my third ticket since 1997. DAMNIT! Ruined my whole day. :banghead :cya

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
78 in a 50? was the cop hiding or driving on the road, 78 is pretty fast for that speed limit. what road were you on too? you shoulda had the radar detector on :rolleyes:

how much is the ticket for?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was in a green chevy lumina, no radar gun. He said he 'paced' me at 78. I was driving down 7100 (Fairfax county Parkway). I have no clue how much the ticket is gonna cost (haven't had the desire to call yet). Radar detectors are illegal in VA, so he could have gotten me for speeding, having the detector, and would probably given me the reckless at that point.

I wasn't even paying attention to my speed, just passing people trying to get into the office.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
ouch!! That is a pretty bad ticket. Hopefully it doesn't cost to much. Sucks

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ you and me both.

EDIT:
I'm sure he had a hard time keeping up though ... :lol:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I don't get my license until aug 5 and then I can't get a ticket until I am 18, because if I do, this "thing" that I did that was really dumb will show back up on my record. so until then I must avoid cops......

<edit>
I don't do things. I lit the bathroom at my school on fire. And got caught :dunno

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Asio@Jul 24 2003, 07:06 PM
I don't get my license until aug 5 and then I can't get a ticket until I am 18 because if I do this "thing" that I did that was really dumb will show back up on my record. so until then I must avoid cops......
You do things? Ewwwwwww, that's worse than doing animals :goodness: :p

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon+Jul 24 2003, 12:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreenDragon @ Jul 24 2003, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Asio@Jul 24 2003, 07:06 PM
I don't get my license until aug 5 and then I can't get a ticket until I am 18 because if I do this "thing" that I did that was really dumb will show back up on my record. so until then I must avoid cops......
You do things? Ewwwwwww, that's worse than doing animals :goodness: :p [/b][/quote]
aye, "things" in general can encompass a great many items... pretty much anything in the universe. ;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by DesmoBob+Jul 24 2003, 08:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DesmoBob @ Jul 24 2003, 08:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2003, 12:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Asio
@Jul 24 2003, 07:06 PM

You do things? Ewwwwwww, that's worse than doing animals :goodness: :p
aye, "things" in general can encompass a great many items... pretty much anything in the universe. ;) [/b][/quote]
And "stuff" is another aminal all unto itself. See, things can be stuff, but stuff cannot be things. You can have things, and stuff, and things that are stuff, but not stuff that are/is things.

Stuff is many things, but things are not few stuff(s), or many stuff(s). One can be stuffed, but cannot be thinged. One can be a thing, but NEVER a stuff. One can stuff things, not thing stuffs.

That is going to be the Thesis for my Masters Degree. I will be a PhD of Stuff and Things. :rock

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I had a ticket from pace once. But I was on an access road and he was on the highway paralell to me.
You have a better chance of fighting the ticket on pace than with radar. It really might be worth hiring an attorney to fight the ticket, especially if you have a friend that will do it for cheap.

·
Registered
878 Posts
this one time...i got a ticket........my car was parked......the cop said it just looked like it was speeding....... B)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Jul 24 2003, 03:06 PM
I don't get my license until aug 5 and then I can't get a ticket until I am 18, because if I do, this "thing" that I did that was really dumb will show back up on my record. so until then I must avoid cops......

<edit>
I don't do things. I lit the bathroom at my school on fire. And got caught :dunno
hey i'll be getting my licence very soon (i am eligable right now) and the same is true here...if i get a ticket i am screwed basicly....so i never go anymore than 5 over because of the provisional licence status

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by morph@Aug 9 2003, 08:25 PM
this one time...i got a ticket........my car was parked......the cop said it just looked like it was speeding....... B)
Where you sitting outside of band camp?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Originally posted by Hallatauer+Aug 10 2003, 05:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hallatauer @ Aug 10 2003, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-morph@Aug 9 2003, 08:25 PM
Where you sitting outside of band camp? [/b][/quote]
....and i stuck my gear shift in my butt...... :poke

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i know people who live in the DC area and they say that the highway cops in VA don'tfool around

·
Registered
487 Posts
VA traffic cops suck. The state po pos are the worst. Watch out for those impalas, camaros and the like, they are all out there to try to get you to race/pace and then ticket your ass.

I got ticketed going 70 in a 55 trying to pass a cop to make my my exit, he wouldnt yeild, kept on my door so i dropped it down a gear :driving ( this is in my Porsche0 hit 80 in a snap and passed him. He hits the lights and pulls me over ON THE EXIT RAMP!!!!

Idiot cop. :cry

He was a total dick too. :pissed2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts