BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cop was a real dick....i was going 78 in the right lane, and he pulls up behind me and lights me up a minute later (the V1 was in the BMW)....i pull over, he TOLD me i was doing 84....i said no, i was doing 78......he went on how he clocked me at 84...and i asked if i could see the gun.....he said he had erased it blah blah....i took the ticket and left....hopefully his gun was calibrated recently so i can get off on that....my dad is looking into it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
isnt 78 in a 55 zone still bad?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by MrM3@May 24 2003, 01:53 PM
that sux man. isnt the fine alot worse if its more than 20+?
yea.....hopefully my dad will be able to drop the points, and all ill have to do is pay the fine. paying fines doesnt bother me, its the points on my license....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw, the fine was $182, and i got 5 points (31+ mph over the limit and its 6 points, over 6 you get your license suspended for 3 months i believe?)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 24 2003, 09:15 AM
the cop was a real dick....i was going 78 in the right lane, and he pulls up behind me and lights me up a minute later (the V1 was in the BMW)....i pull over, he TOLD me i was doing 84....i said no, i was doing 78......he went on how he clocked me at 84...and i asked if i could see the gun.....he said he had erased it blah blah....i took the ticket and left....hopefully his gun was calibrated recently so i can get off on that....my dad is looking into it
That's a load of shit what's with everyone getting pulled over this week???? I woulda slowed down to the limit before he lit up the v1.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by L337E46+May 25 2003, 01:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ May 25 2003, 01:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW@May 24 2003, 09:15 AM
That's a load of shit what's with everyone getting pulled over this week???? I woulda slowed down to the limit before he lit up the v1. [/b][/quote]
the V1 was in the bimmer, and plus this wasnt on a major highway...it was a 4 lane surface street where ive never seen state police patrol, since only state police can use radar in PA...im always looking for VASCAR....

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
btw... which radar band did he hit you up with?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by L337E46@May 25 2003, 01:49 AM
btw... which radar band did he hit you up with?
:angry: i wish i wouldve had the V1

·
Registered
569 Posts
tickets.....man do they suck, i have had my share, 18 to be exact, and i got my 19th the other day, for not wearing my seatbelt, well nowadays its not what you know its who you know, i called my friend who was off duty from the same city pd and 15 min later the ticket was ripped up...

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
surely the courts carnt act upon just his WORD! they need physical proof, like a recorded speed on the gun or on a vasca unit.... if your 100% sure you were doing less than writen on the ticket then contest it as you may get off totaly....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by fatty@May 25 2003, 05:49 AM
surely the courts carnt act upon just his WORD! they need physical proof, like a recorded speed on the gun or on a vasca unit.... if your 100% sure you were doing less than writen on the ticket then contest it as you may get off totaly....
no shizzo fatty! :lol: my dad is an expert at these things, especially since he knows just about all the judges :lol:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 25 2003, 12:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 25 2003, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--fatty@May 25 2003, 05:49 AM
no shizzo fatty! :lol: my dad is an expert at these things, especially since he knows just about all the judges :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: next time i get caught speeding i'll give you a call and you can speek to your dad... :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
except you live in the UK and i live in the good ole USA.....btw have you ever visted the US?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
The fact he wouldn't let you see the speed because he "erased it" might be helpful. Good luck. At least you have free legal resources. :thumbs

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 25 2003, 12:49 PM
except you live in the UK and i live in the good ole USA.....btw have you ever visted the US?
i never been, but when i do ( as i do want to visit ) i will let you all know so if anyone is near we can meet up.......

at the moment i havent anything planned but i shall let you all know when i do........

i think it will be cool to meet up and talk Bm and go for a beer or 2,3,4,5 or 12 :drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by fatty+May 25 2003, 07:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fatty @ May 25 2003, 07:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW@May 25 2003, 12:49 PM
i never been, but when i do ( as i do want to visit ) i will let you all know so if anyone is near we can meet up.......

at the moment i havent anything planned but i shall let you all know when i do........

i think it will be cool to meet up and talk Bm and go for a beer or 2,3,4,5 or 12 :drunk :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
i dont drink :f-u

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 25 2003, 02:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 25 2003, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 07:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW
@May 25 2003, 12:49 PM

i think it will be cool to meet up and talk Bm and go for a beer or 2,3,4,5 or 12 :drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:
i dont drink :f-u [/b][/quote]
who says you have to drink........

i think it would be cool to meet up with anyone from over the other side of the ocean......

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by fatty@May 25 2003, 04:49 AM
actually they can. most of the time it's just their word vs yours. the judges have to believe the cops, unless its something completely outrageous, because if they didnt the cops really wouldnt have any authority.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Fatty, if you ever come to the US, I do recomend coming to Miami. You can get your pasty English skin tanned, and check out Active Autowerkes at the same time. I live about 45 min. from AA, pending on how heavy my foot is. I can also hook you up on hotel rooms at Marriots around the country, so let me know what you want to do.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts