BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, first post :)

We just got one of my dream cars, a 528i. but it seems like the person before added aftermarket tires or something like that, because the tires are REALLY loud, they sound like jet planes taking off when you press on the accelerator. im not much of a car know it all, so any info would be appreciated. From what i could see, their dunlop sp sport fp- something, i couldnt queit see this as it was pretty dark outside and that flashlight wasnt charged :)

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Welcome aboard. :welcome
If you are looking to buy replacement tires, TireRack.com has a section where they rate different tires and you can specify what characteristics are most important to you (Noise, treadwear, grip, price, wet weather traction etc) and based on what you pic, it will recommend a tire for your application. But in general, most high performance tires with good grip will also tend to be a little noisier than a touring tire. Keep your driving needs in mind when you make your selection.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you are making a change from one tire to another, pay attention to how many "ribs" the tire has. The more ribs the quieter the tire. But keep in mind, the ribs on a tire, may mean less catact patch and therefore less grip. :welcome :welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys :)

I'm thinking of grabbing the pirelli neros. You guys think it'll be all gravy? and how much should i expect to pay for installation?

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Originally posted by mehmet@Dec 13 2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys :)

I'm thinking of grabbing the pirelli neros. You guys think it'll be all gravy? and how much should i expect to pay for installation?

Thanks again :)
installation of tires? 20 bucks max

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah tires are easy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by lwebb12@Dec 13 2003, 09:56 PM
yeah tires are easy
how bout the alignment for the tires and stuff? (my dad was saying 20 bucks was way too little for tire installation and they had to align and crap too when they installed it, is this true?)

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts