BMW Werkz banner

41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
LYFE SUCK5
3,546 Posts
my 318 is much better built then my civic was. hondas reliability is overrated. theyre good cars, but they wont outlast older more quality built mbs or bmws etc. anyway as far as jap cars go id give the most reliable to toyota hands down

·
Teh Peetsa Gai
3,478 Posts
I think I've driven all of the lower line import/domestic cars. I think I would have to put the Honda pretty much up at the top. The ONLY thing I don't like about my honda is that it's an automatic.
1. Ford Focus: 4 dr/4 cyl MT Fun car, Good power, exhaust note, hardly any problems in 3 years/75,000 miles. shouldn't have gotten rid of it. :(
2. Honda Accord: 4dr/4cyl AT Nice comfort, plenty of room in front and in back, nice looking car Good MPG, EVERYONE has one, and it pushes at the limit pretty badly (I guess that's supposed to be safe) :(
3. Toyota Corolla: 4dr/4cyl AT Small, bland, econo box. Cheap price, no soul.
4. Chevy Cavalier/Cobalt: 4dr/4cyl AT REALLY small, I felt like I was wearing the car (not in a good way) felt cheap, and had no soul whatsoever. Cobalt was a LITTLE better, but not enough to make me buy one.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
lol at this forum :lol: Anyhow, in my past experiences with Honda, they are reliable, and was my cup of tea when I was at the age of 16-21. I was into the whole import thing, and I've owned it all. Just to give you a breakdown of all the imports i've owned and built up for speed, they are:

Imports
1. 1990 Hyundai Excel Hatchback (LoL)
2. 1991 Honda CRX Si
3. 1994 Honda Civic Si
4. 1995 Honda Civic Si
5. 1995 Honda Del Sol VTEC DOHC
6. 1995 Acura Integra
7. 1993 Honda Del Sol
8. 1988 Honda CRX Si
9. 1993 Mazda MX-3
10. 1995 Mazda MX-6

American

1. 1995 Ford Probe
2. 1999 Mercury Cougar

Euro

1. 1994 BMW 318is
2. 1994 BMW 318i
3. 1995 BMW 325i
4. 1980 BMW 320i

5. 1998 BMW 528i (my current car)

So as you can see, I've had some experience with all sorts of vehicles. Although I fixed up my imports, they were never made Ricer UGLY. They were all wonderful cars, but my preference is BMW FTW!!!!

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
mdc said:
just kos you got a bmw doesn't mean you can rip-off honda owners and cars. a modified 4 cylinder Si can rip your 6 cylinder. i'll get heat from this from some of you guys but c'mon. show this thread at a honda forum and you'll get so much shit from it :)
Saying that a modded 4 can beat a 6 really means absolutely nothing. Sixes can be modded too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Gkamysz said:
When I see these idiots come up on me like that after I killed them once, I do it again and again until they've had their fill.
I don't bother if I'm in my 325, but when I'm in my Mustang, I just turn the bottle on when they come back for more. I had an E36 M3 keep messing with me a couple weeks ago -- I wish I could've seen the look on his face when I broke traction during a 60mph kick. :rofl

·
Registered
172 Posts
M3UOND said:
Saying that a modded 4 can beat a 6 really means absolutely nothing. Sixes can be modded too.
i totally understand that. no doubt a modded sixer can kill a 4 cylinder. point is, why diss on honda? owning a bmw doesn't mean we could be so up there and so separate from the rest. its just plain arrogant. just respect each other's rides. i'm pretty sure you can agree on that

·
Registered
60 Posts
territorial pissings

oh man. somebody better break this up before anyone gets hurt.

Honestly both cars are great for what they are designed for. And yes modded typically beats stock. But lets get this clear. Its a BMW Forum. Not a Honda Forum. So if some one wants to rip on Honda's, Chevys, or what not ... this is a place they can do so. If we wanted to praise Hondas or whatever, they would be at the Honda's forum.

You are now free to bash me.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
da_bull said:
Its all your fault...:D
Yes, yes it is... but I'm enjoying this! :lol:

Ivan said:
my friend has m3 mirrors on his ranger and i tease him about it
On a Ranger?! Thats just weird...

wesmyth said:
oh man. somebody better break this up before anyone gets hurt.

Honestly both cars are great for what they are designed for. And yes modded typically beats stock. But lets get this clear. Its a BMW Forum. Not a Honda Forum. So if some one wants to rip on Honda's, Chevys, or what not ... this is a place they can do so. If we wanted to praise Hondas or whatever, they would be at the Honda's forum.

Well both cars I would say are sweet in their own ways. Honda's and other jap cars are great for the money, but when people say they are 'better' that a BMW, they are in a few categories, but thats a few of many...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Anyone that has worked on a honda must dislike the idea of designing a car in such a way that it'll never need to come apart again to be repaired is suffering from cranial rectalitis. Take for example the way the A/C lines in many early models wrap around the fan and the 100 10mm bolts that bolts everything to everything else on top of everything else holding the radiator in.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Starmavin said:
Anyone that has worked on a honda must dislike the idea of designing a car in such a way that it'll never need to come apart again to be repaired is suffering from cranial rectalitis. Take for example the way the A/C lines in many early models wrap around the fan and the 100 10mm bolts that bolts everything to everything else on top of everything else holding the radiator in.
Too true, but BMW has its repair nightmares too. Have you ever replaced a blower motor in a 3-series? . . . or change a tire on the side of the road? :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
I second Starmavin. This has been the easiest DIY car I've ever seen/owned. My Honda and my Chevy were nightmares to do anything besides spark plug changes on.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
wesmyth said:
...Its a BMW Forum. Not a Honda Forum. So if some one wants to rip on Honda's, Chevys, or what not ... this is a place they can do so...

The way I see it, a BMW forum is for enjoyment of the BMW marque, not for bashing of other marques.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
325iS said:
Too true, but BMW has its repair nightmares too. Have you ever replaced a blower motor in a 3-series? . . . or change a tire on the side of the road? :(
Not to be a smart ass, but if that's the worst I have to deal with, I'll buy another. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
took someone 23 hours

drz said:
The way I see it, a BMW forum is for enjoyment of the BMW marque, not for bashing of other marques.
Sometimes someones just got to vent, IMO. Now if the forum started turning to hate this or hate that it would most probably die. So your right the main (99%) focus is about the marque. just think sometimes there is spill and this thing occurs.

41 - 60 of 166 Posts