BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Ground Control gizmo to add HP by relieving the air flow resistance. It is supposed to add around 5HP based on their dyno.

I also just went to a presentation by Steve Dinan here at Autoscope. He said that for all of their mods, they dyno the car with the part to be modified remove completely ( when possible ) and dyno the car to see what the theoretical HP gain would be without this part at all. Then they see how close they can get with the modified part.

This is my question to everyone.

Why not just take the screen out completely and NOT put in the gizmo piece at all? What will be the downside of having nothing in place of it?

Thanks

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
Originally posted by jschaff@Oct 25 2003, 04:03 PM
I purchased the Ground Control gizmo to add HP by relieving the air flow resistance. It is supposed to add around 5HP based on their dyno.

I also just went to a presentation by Steve Dinan here at Autoscope. He said that for all of their mods, they dyno the car with the part to be modified remove completely ( when possible ) and dyno the car to see what the theoretical HP gain would be without this part at all. Then they see how close they can get with the modified part.

This is my question to everyone.

Why not just take the screen out completely and NOT put in the gizmo piece at all? What will be the downside of having nothing in place of it?

Thanks
it prevents large particles (i.e. pieces of broken airbox, or rocks that puncture the air filter) from destroying the HFM...

·
Registered
487 Posts
did anyone happen to notice the "cabana boy" behind the screen???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts