BMW Werkz banner

Getting used to other cars is weird.

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  RealBMW 02 
#1 ·
My friend just got a really nice '94 Jetta, and let me drive it. It felt like I was learning to drive a manual all over again. My friction point on my clutch is like right at the top, and on the Jetta, it is closer to the floor. So every time I went to shift, I kept slipping the clutch, because I misjudged where the friction point was. Felt like a dumbass, but I had it up to about 110, and was having fun.

Nice car, though. I may get one as a second to my sexy E30.

#6 ·
My friend has a little 4 sped Jetta TDI from the ancient times. the early 90s.

God DAMN that thing is SO fun to drive.

#7 ·
Old VWs are generally known to kick ass,
especially the pre-current generation GTIs and Jettas.
Driving a manual is great..... too bad i dont have one, it seemed like nobody in Dallas was selling a manual 3 series when i bought mine.

#8 ·
Uhhh, i dont know about the old ones, but i just will not drive a newer jetta, or any vw for that matter. Its like a german honda. FF cars are teh SUCK. some of them are even made in mexico. EWww. But give me an old 16vavle turbo scirroco, and i am DOWN. VW needs to get back to the days of their roots, the PEOPLE's CAR. And people say hitler was a bad man. Pfff. a beetle for a good worker. Now thats a leader. Fuck bush. If only hitler hadnt killed innocent people, he wouldve been the best leader of all time. oh well. Point is, driving a VW= growing a vagina.

#11 ·
I say the hardest go between is my 318i and my moms chevy cheyanne. My clutch feels a little stiff and sporty thats cool, but in the truck, its like an olympic event to get that clutch to the floor. It has like a freaking half foot of travel. Can't stand it. >_<

#12 ·
Originally posted by Halon@Sep 5 2004, 11:09 AM
I say the hardest go between is my 318i and my moms chevy cheyanne. My clutch feels a little stiff and sporty thats cool, but in the truck, its like an olympic event to get that clutch to the floor. It has like a freaking half foot of travel. Can't stand it. >_<
HAHAHAHA... :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 ...

but i like the fact that the BMW's clutches are stiff.. it gives it a "race" feel.

#15 ·
One night i was with my friend who has a 70 Camaro RS Z28 with a Muncie 22 rock crusher four speed (has straight cut gears instead of helical) and he decided to let me drive it around. Damn, his cluth travel is almost a foot and you get more of a workoutt then going to the gym. Its insane how stiff the clutch is. When i got back in my car i damn near put my clutch pedal through the floor the first time i pushed it in.

But the upside to his car is that you can let the clutch out normally while holding the car at 1500 rpms, and then once the clutch is engaged floor it, and you will just sit there and shred his 295 back tires. I don't mean peel out a tiny bit, I mean billows and billows of smoke. So much power that the car doesn't even move an inch forward. I have also been succesful at chirping the tires on every upshift, one-two, two-three, and three-four (at about 90 MPH!!!). Too bad its a chevy and doesn't turn or stop worth shit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.