BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i've been looking at this forum for quite i while and I finally decided to register. I am 16 years old, and I am getting an M3 as my first ride. I have the following options layed out:

Premium Package
$3,300

Cold Weather Package
$750

Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG)
$2,400

Deletion of rear spoiler
$0

Xenon low-beam and high-beam headlights with auto-leveling
$700

BMW On-Board Navigation System
$1,800

6-Disc CD Player (Trunk Mounted)
$595

I have two problems though, one i dont know if i should get White on Red, or White on Cinn, and second, if i should go with 3 Pedals or SMG.

Anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
wow, congrats. You are pretty lucky to get that kind of a car for being only 16. Make sure you are careful, thats a lot of power for someone that doesn't have much experience driving.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx a lot, i love the M3, its just so...whats the word...perfect?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
welcome. good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
damn you're lucky. you're getting a M3 and already putting so much into it. i had to persuade my wife for over a month before she let me buy my M3 and it's still all stock.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Send Pics when u get it for sure. What color you getting? I obviously recommend the Imola Red Interior!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well as you know i polled leather color, and it seems like the crowd has similar taste as me. I was really debating between Alpine White on Imola Red, but the Jet Black on Imola is even hotter, so i'm gonna end up getting a Jet Black on Imola E46 M3 with the options i stated abover pretty soon, and I will be sure to post pics once I get the car. One more thing, the dealer told me it takes 3 months to deliver the car from Germany, is this true? :wtf

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Damn your lucky.....im takin bets on he crashes it....what do ya say.....jk :p go for smg....i heard some good things about it...i drove an e46 m3 smg....i guess it just takes getting used to....

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
dude good choice be carefull dude dont hurt the car or for that matter yourself! keep us updated on the progess of the car,i say get the 3 pedals, but thats just me! get some pics up when you get it
DAvid

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Someone had posted a story of some kid that got a 350z for his first car at high school....the kid was takin some friends in rides with it at lunch and was fishtailing and lost control and went into a ditch..just remember, that m3 has a whole lot of power....I kno a lot of people who have crashed....just a month or two ago two kids drove off devils slide in there supra...driver broke all ribs on right side..passenger broke his neck, but did not sever his spinal cord......giving a car with over 250horses to a kid as there first car...i just dont like the idea....just my $0.02

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Dec 19 2003, 12:52 PM
damn, i wish i had rich parents
Don't you mean "God, I wish I had dumb rich parents."

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon+Dec 19 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreenDragon @ Dec 19 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donutchow@Dec 19 2003, 12:52 PM
damn, i wish i had rich parents
Don't you mean "God, I wish I had dumb rich parents." [/b][/quote]
Well you see....my mom is dumb, but you could consider my dad rich...so i have a dumb parent...and a rich parent.... :blink:

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
go for smg....i heard some good things about it...i drove an e46 m3 smg....i guess it just takes getting used to....
I agree, SMG is absolutely the best transmition you can get. It is so quick but like Beeker said it takes gettin used to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
M3rider,
You're a lucky guy to be getting an M3 at 16. But, I've got to agree with Beeker, a 250HP+ is not the best thing for a new driver to get. Sometimes my wife gets mad at me because I got my daughter an M3 mainly because of the way my daughter drives it. I have to admit, that I regret it sometimes, too. If you're dad is willing to get you an M3 now, he won't have a problem in waiting a few years. Just get some experience with a 3 series or even an IS300.
Good Luck and if you get the M3 I'm happy for you, but please be safe when driving it.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by ParadiseHotel@Jan 2 2004, 06:09 PM
M3rider,
You're a lucky guy to be getting an M3 at 16. But, I've got to agree with Beeker, a 250HP+ is not the best thing for a new driver to get. Sometimes my wife gets mad at me because I got my daughter an M3 mainly because of the way my daughter drives it. I have to admit, that I regret it sometimes, too. If you're dad is willing to get you an M3 now, he won't have a problem in waiting a few years. Just get some experience with a 3 series or even an IS300.
Good Luck and if you get the M3 I'm happy for you, but please be safe when driving it.
damn...what do u do for a livin?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi e36_332i_s52,
I'm an internist, and I have 2 offices in Orange County. My wife is an Obstetrician and she works with a Medical Group.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts