BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well about 8 months ago i had my front passenger side caliper seize and ruin my pads and rotor. since then i have gotten a set of slotted rotors and less-dustless pads. about 4 days ago i got a terrible shimmy in my wheel, i knew what this was right away. i was going to do my rear brakes yesterday anyways so i told my mechanic to keep a drivers side caliper ready for me.... well yesterday to my surprise i was wrong , once again it was the passenger side caliper (thank god becuase it was under warranty) today i changed the caliper because they didnt ran outta time. my second double brake problem in a year. (first one that was under warranty was my rotors)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
damn mark, talk about a run of badluck there for second... How does your slotted rotors feel when you get into braking with decent speeds? I am considering, either just getting the slotted replacement rotors or buying the gran turismo caliper upgrade..

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bimmerfan620@Jan 6 2004, 06:11 PM
damn mark, talk about a run of badluck there for second... How does your slotted rotors feel when you get into braking with decent speeds? I am considering, either just getting the slotted replacement rotors or buying the gran turismo caliper upgrade..
feels good. stopping power is the same (distance wise) but feels more controlled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts