BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi newbie here!, anyways this morning i filled up my car with gas but when i turned the car on it was still below 1/4 on the gas gauge... any idea whats wrong with it? thanks, Sk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you!
well it was at 1/4 then i filled it up.. then as i start it up the gauge did not move!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you turn the key ALL the way off while refilling? Or to Acc? If the former when you turn the car off (all the way) It should reset. What about the range reading on the OBC?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
This happen to me 2 weeks ago brother, and boy it was a pain in the ass. I had my mechanic fix it. There were alot of possible reasons why it didnt work and my mechanic narrowed it down to being the fuel sensor and the fuel meter on the cluster. I had to replace my whole cluster because, you couldnt just get the fuel meter and replace what you have, the cluster is 1 by itself, so you would have to replace the whole thing. Hopefully for your sake, its just the fuel sensor. Or perhaps its just a fuse, check that one 1st. Good Luck Man! :wiggle

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies!, i just snuck out of work (haha) and took it to my mechanic, it was just the stupid sensor!
--sk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts