BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 325i Wagon and I am having a nightmare trying to get gas at any gas station. No matter what angle the pump is put in the car the pumps keep shutting off like when the tank is full and the pump would be shut off by gas backflowing into the nozzle. I live in NJ and you are not allowed to pump your own gas and 5 different gas stations had the same problem. The pump keeps clicking off they get frustrated and refuse to keep trying. The best I got was somebody trying about ten times and I got a half tank.

Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
392 Posts
dont worry about it, that happens to me too, just dont fill the gas tank at the fastest speed you can fill it at, tell them not to hold the handle all the way when they're fillin it up

·
Registered
73 Posts
sup, and welcome, WOLFE. :welcome I kno exactly what you are talking about. My car also has the same exact problem: premature gas pump shutoff. I thought it was just the pump too, but when I tried other ones I got the same thing. Funni though, cuz the problem isn't constant, actually now, it seems that my car isn't having that problem. I recalled asking my dealer about this issue and they said that it has to do with oxygen in the tank. BMW apparently have a special gas tank that is airtight, but not sure what the real deal about that is. I assume it is some high tech method of preventing the tank from explodign? DUnno but anyways, it seems to fix itself overtime, at least for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts