BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents don't want me buying anything for my car....i spent a grand on a stereo and they are all thats enough your not buying anything else....i want to get rims, make an intake, and get an exhaust for now.....how do you think i should approach this situation with my parents?!?!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hey.... be happy your car is in one piece and still drives... You start spending all this money on BS... and when your car is sitting in the driveway and doesn't drive your system wont be that cool...

I wanted a system in my car but today I spent over 800 dollars on a major tune-up.

:banghead

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
well who bought the car? who bought stereo? you are 17 correct? they may want you to save money

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:p they bought the car.....i bought the stereo.....they don't understand why i want to put shit in my car...my parents are stupid when it comes to cars too......oh and by the way....i am saving money....i have to pay for insurance and gas...which is a lot....so like half my check goes to gas and insurnace the other goes to parts for my car that my parents aren't letting me buy....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
just save your money and spend it however you want. did you pay for your stereo in full or did your parents pitch in a little?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid for the stereo in full....my parents wont let me spend my money however i want....thats the problem...so should i just go ahead and buy these things and try to like ::hide:: them or something??

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now what I want to buy is this

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
my mom tried to stop me from buying the car and everything...but then again im gonna be 19 soon and i almost completely support myself so she couldnt stop me and had no real arguement against it

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Aug 18 2003, 09:20 PM
I paid for the stereo in full....my parents wont let me spend my money however i want....thats the problem...so should i just go ahead and buy these things and try to like ::hide:: them or something??
its your money, not theirs. i see how there's a problem though since you have to order most stuff online with a credit card, but maybe a friend can help you out

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
my mom let me buy my M5...then again im 25 and have been out of the house since 18. haha being a grown up is cool. listen regardless of the fact that it is your money, your parents set rules for a reason. they provide for you ie...shelter and food and clothing oh and a BMW so respect thier wishes until you move out or you pay them rent. as far as decieving them it is not a good idea. wait until you move out of the house to buy those items for your car. save up for now though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Aug 18 2003, 09:31 PM
my mom let me buy my M5...then again im 25 and have been out of the house since 18. haha being a grown up is cool. listen regardless of the fact that it is your money, your parents set rules for a reason. they provide for you ie...shelter and food and clothing oh and a BMW so respect thier wishes until you move out or you pay them rent. as far as decieving them it is not a good idea. wait until you move out of the house to buy those items for your car. save up for now though.
yeah what he said..... :nope

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
you do realize that will do almost nothing power wise? At least not for the 300 or whatever youll spend on it.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that and the stage 2 chip

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he quoted me 350 for the intake with shipping and 200 for the chip with shipping....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
for 10 hp maybe.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should be greatful you're not driving a Dodge Neon....or a rental Mustang V6 b/c some stupid lady in an Xterra t-boned your Camaro........

Take your time with your mods. Besides, a 1000$ stereo system is just retarded. Pay someone to blow your brains out......

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no $1000 stereo is hella nice.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
lwebb is right. Chill while living at home. Once you are on your own, spend away.

Just consider how lucky you are to be driving such a fine car so early in your driving years. Stock BMW's blow the doors off most other first drives. Think about driving something practical and unfun like a Civic or a Tercel (or worse).

You've got a great car, be content. Enjoy your ride!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts