BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody post one? I am doing the jerky wiper routine, and thought I'd start with the relay before I go into the wiper-motor. Seems like theres a missing relay and a couple missing fuses too. I have found some fuse-box diagrams, but they don't seem to match mine.

:sick

Mark

·
Registered
200 Posts
http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/data...0138&Section=02

There are three relays outside the fusebox.

they can be moved to different locations.

The only way to know is to check the wire colors.

The five prong is the main relay
RD
RD/WT
GN
BR
BL/RD

Fuel pump relay
RD
RD/WT
GN/VI
BR/GN

o2 sensor heater relay
GN/VI
GN/YL
GY/BR
GN/BU

On the fuel pump relay, short from pin #30 to #87.

This should cause the pump to run if fuse #11 is good.

Later,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Ron. Yeah, the wipers were working ok, then gradually started jerking, then moved less and less, sometimes moving spontaneously when the car was running with the wipers switched off, and they even twitched a bit after i'd shut the car off sometimes. Now they do nothing. Sounds like the lube problem to me. Thanks again.

Mark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, found a way to open up the motor without removing it. The plastic cap covering the circular contact area just popped off, and I was able to clean most of the grease out of there using a cloth and brake cleaner. Put the cap back on and tested the wiper: nothing.

It looks like i'm getting power to the motor, but nothing is happening. I've got to test the motor for resistance now to see if its shot. Any tricks to test it without removing it? If not, I'm gonna have to get it out, and I just don't know how to separate it from the linkage and get it out of the plenum. I've gone to BP's page with pics on how to do it, but he has a 318 and the setup looks different to my '84 325e.

Thanks in advance,

Mark :banghead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts