BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just raced a G35 sedan, and it had a chip, intake, and exhaust on it, we did about 125 on the freeway, he beat me ofcourse, but suprisingly, he didnt pull away too fast, but he did beat me. I talked to him a while ago on Norcal Meets Socal, cuz we were in the same caravan, so it was tight.

SO TIGHT.

it pulled away nicely ofcourse, but I thought it was gonna kill me even more.

but just wait till trigger helps me do the S50 to my car in march, then that car wont stand a chance.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this video wont upload, its only 13mb, but my FTP is being lame so I cant access my webspace and upload anything, I tried to upload it here in attachments, but after the little bar fills up, it just stops and sits there for like 15 minutes.

so here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
sweet.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The early euro M3s all had the 3.0 S50 engine. When the Evo came out it went up to 3.2 litres. US M3s used a 3.0 then 3.2 version of the M50/52 and retained one throttle body rather than the traditional one per cylinder as a cost saving feature. In practice this made a well balanced car at a good price and below 80mph there isn't a huge difference. The US version didn't get the Euro's floating rotor disc brakes or six speed gearbox either.

you really think you're 1989 s50 engine can take a 2004 Infinity G35.....I'm not convinced....

I've driven that G35...and they got POWER....I think he's going to handle you...with or without the s50...

maybe it's just me...and I don't know what I'm talking about...but from what I read...I'll believe it when I see it....

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Originally posted by BMWLotAttendant@Aug 23 2004, 04:31 AM
The early euro M3s all had the 3.0 S50 engine. When the Evo came out it went up to 3.2 litres. US M3s used a 3.0 then 3.2 version of the M50/52 and retained one throttle body rather than the traditional one per cylinder as a cost saving feature. In practice this made a well balanced car at a good price and below 80mph there isn't a huge difference. The US version didn't get the Euro's floating rotor disc brakes or six speed gearbox either.

you really think you're 1989 s50 engine can take a 2004 Infinity G35.....I'm not convinced....

I've driven that G35...and they got POWER....I think he's going to handle you...with or without the s50...

maybe it's just me...and I don't know what I'm talking about...but from what I read...I'll believe it when I see it....
LoL man are you serious? you are lost my friend you have forgotten about a little thing call power to weight distribution.. :lol: those g3s sedans are bohemiths...my friend has one and its not all that to write home about...

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the S50 in my car, the power to weight distribution, I would kill him. in the video, he is pulling away from me, but I started at 95 in 5th and just didnt even bother doesnshifting to 4th(problem ofcourse), but still, he pulled away, but if I had my 240hp, i would kill.

and we are choosing to the do the OBD-1 rather then the OBD-2 97-99 M3 engine because its easy to work with, and you can mod the crap out of the them. the OBD-2's are lame sometimes because of the smog deal, i forgot the whole low-down on it, but I know that the 3.0 is better to work with

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have any other pic's? the only reason I ask is that your pulling nearly 120mph but your only using a tad over 0 gallions on your fuel meter thing, when I used to pull 200kmh in my old E30 it would be maxed out on 40litres per 100/km??
I'm not saying that the pics not real but did you relise that you have such a good fuel econmy at twice the normal revs lol,

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my mpg thing is fucked up, it doesnt work right, it moves but isnt accurate at all, at an idle it will be at that same spot and shit its messed up. dont pay attention to it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah I hope no one would go the trouble of faking a pic of the speedometer at 120... i've done 120 in my civic (old car)

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
If you have the pedal to the floor, your mpg gauge will show close to zero no matter if you are going 3mph or 130 mph. If at any speed you completely let off, it will jump to above 40 mpg.

·
Registered
315 Posts
hes got a point... and btw I keep up with g35's on the freeway easily, and i have 230 hp and 245 tq. If he had that m3 engine it would be absolutely brutal.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by Stuka@Aug 24 2004, 07:47 PM
hes got a point... and btw I keep up with g35's on the freeway easily, and i have 230 hp and 245 tq. If he had that m3 engine it would be absolutely brutal.
Yeah cuz you got a 535i...I should hope you keep up... :yup

Oh were the s50s were in the old M5s too?? :confused ...I can't believe everything I hear....

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the old M5's had the S38 with either 256 or 266 hp, they were beastly. i hav a video of one in a E30, i cant even explain how nuts it is.

anyways, no it isnt fake, its from my vid cam, just one of the frames and ish like that.

my mpg gauge is messed up though, truely, it is just never accurate, i could have the gas all the way down and have it at 40mpg, it changes all the time.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, i have it on my HD, but forums is being weird with me uploading video.....hmm. otherwise I would post it. or put it on my webspace, but my FTP is still being homo.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by BMDubya84+Aug 23 2004, 06:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BMDubya84 @ Aug 23 2004, 06:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BMWLotAttendant@Aug 23 2004, 04:31 AM

LoL man are you serious? you are lost my friend you have forgotten about a little thing call power to weight distribution.. :lol: those g3s sedans are bohemiths...my friend has one and its not all that to write home about... [/b][/quote]
if you consider that, you also have to consider; albiet that our car is cool, it is shaped like a german box. I said it, I went there. Our car is not very streamlined. When you start getting into the tripple digits, shit like that is pretty important, you know? I do think however that the G35 may be heavy, but its got alot of power to haul its fat arse around. I saw one go on the freeway, and his acceleration compared to mine was incomprehensable. It would be a neat race either way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts