BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody i just bought a 2003 325i sedan and the car overall is in good conditions the only problem I Have is when I unlock the car from the key
the fuel door opens too and i won't close if i try to close it with my hand only if i push it and hit the lock on the key it close any help will be appreciated

:conf

Thank you,

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would probably check the spring loaded mechanism that holds the door closed. It may be broken. The reason it opens when you unlock the doors and stays closed with the doors locked is because BMW's have another mechanism that also locks the gas door when the rest of the doors are locked. So when you unlock the car doors, you also unlock the gas door, and it swings open. This is why you cant open the gas door when you have the car locked. It seems to me that this lock mechanism is the only thing keeping the gas door closed. Thats just my two cents...but I hope it gives you some insight. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.