BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rock Hello everyone,

I need a good used fuel pump for my 91 BMW 325i. I tested the old one by jumping the points 30 and 87 on my relay socket with the key on, and theres no sound, so im pretty sure its the fuel pump. Does anyone out there have a good used one I might be able to buy from them?

Thanks,

:rock

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think I'll check that out next. What would really be a help would be if I could get my hands on some kind of blueprint or schematic of the fuel pump and I could just replace the bad parts myself. I've looked all over the net for a schematic without any luck. I think the folks at Bosch make sure that stuff is well hidden so people dont go around fixing their own stuff. :banghead

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well the fuel pump is pretty much just one part and its very inexpensive, they only run like a couple of bucks and very easy ro replace. I think I have one but I have to check, I bought a whole gas tank and it came with the pump. :beer

·
Registered
537 Posts
errr...no fuel pumps are like 100 bucks not a couple. and their not "easy" to replace you need to take down a huge tank filled with liquid somtimes cut into the tank just to get it out(not sure on BMWs though). and its several parts in one. i'm not sure what your thinking of :confused :poke

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he's thinking of a fuel filter. On the BMW 325 the fuel pump is located under the back seat so its pretty easy to access. You just pull up the back seat and unscrew the fuel pump out of an access panel that goes down into the gas tank. :rock no need to drop the whole fuel tank but they are expensive like you said, and thats why I would like to rebuild the motor myself if I had a schematic or something with all the part numbers for motor components. :rock

·
Registered
537 Posts
yeah, when i searched on bavauto for them they had two one that dropped in the tank... and one that didn't and i have no idea where that goes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts