BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam still trying to start my 95 325i.Iam just about reay to take it to the shop,but before i do that i want to put a new fuel pump relay in.Been looking forever for this where is it.Is it in the fuse box under the hood.I think its a 30 amp and does anyone know if it could be the reason my car wont start,it tries to and when it does it runs for about 3 seconds and dies out.The plugs are wet and it getting spark.It ran great before this problem.

·
Been here a while.
5,376 Posts
Yes.. its in your front forward distribution box.. located in the lower left part of the engine bay.. as if you were sitting in the drivers seat. If I'm not mistaken.. it says fuel pump on it... I'm not on my home computer.. I have a picture displaying every single relay in there.. but I'm not at home.. sorry..

I know someone on here has a picture of that diagram...

Good Luck,

Les

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 97alpineM3@Jan 15 2005, 08:25 PM
Yes.. its in your front forward distribution box.. located in the lower left part of the engine bay.. as if you were sitting in the drivers seat. If I'm not mistaken.. it says fuel pump on it... I'm not on my home computer.. I have a picture displaying every single relay in there.. but I'm not at home.. sorry..

I know someone on here has a picture of that diagram...

Good Luck,

Les
[snapback]272222[/snapback]​
Your not talking about the fuel pump fuse are you i know where that is,but the realy is what i need to find it has the 4 prongs on it and its like a 1x1 inch square plastic box.I know just about evveryone on here probaly knows where it is but me.This my first BMW.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by dutchbmw@Jan 16 2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticl...6-Fuel-Pump.htm
I didn't read the article, perhaps you can use it.....
[snapback]272528[/snapback]​
thanks for the artical/info it seems pretty basic.I have done a few,at least its on top and not at the bottom of the tank. should i hear this pump run when i turn on the ignition ? some yes and some say maybe not ? I guess i should just check for voltage first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Brian3251+Jan 16 2005, 03:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian3251 @ Jan 16 2005, 03:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dutchbmw@Jan 16 2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticl...6-Fuel-Pump.htm
I didn't read the article, perhaps you can use it.....
[snapback]272528[/snapback]​
thanks for the artical/info it seems pretty basic.I have done a few,at least its on top and not at the bottom of the tank. should i hear this pump run when i turn on the ignition ? some yes and some say maybe not ? I guess i should just check for voltage first.
[snapback]272643[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
There are 2 wire connectors on the pump i have 12 volts from the one ,looks like i need a fuel pump because i hear no sound from it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts