BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic says, I am selling my factory installed 6 Disc Changer (with mounting bracket). I just installed my MP3 deck and don't need the changer anymore...

Asking $200USD as per the going rate on eBay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would be interested in your CD changer if it works perfectly and fits my Car. I have a 96 328ic Convertible. Do you know what the BMW part number for your changer is? (I think the Convertible may need a different mounting bracket that the sedans.) In the convertible the changer mounts horizontally in the trunk, behind the rear passenger seat. It has a square din plug.

Thank you!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great name!

I'll look into the compatability for you...

I think my changer # is 65 12 8 360 284

I'll ask the parts desk tomorrow if they work in both models... Worse case, I'll buy the bracket for your car and just add that to the price so that you get the whole package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for checking. I will do some research on my end as well. I looked at an Alpine/BMW OEM changer at Bavaran Auto and the number was completely different than yours, it was 82 11 1 469 404. But I will check further. Hope this works.

Update - I did some checking and found out in 1995 the OEM CD changers were changed to "I-Bus" changers. So if your changer is 96 or newer, (meaning it is an "I-Bus" Changer), it should work, 95 or older it won't work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
geoff, definitely interested. what BMW HU model did you use it with previously? i just put in a alpine C43, circa 98-99, into my 94 325 vert. in fact, this could be the answer to my problem, check out my thread for more 411:

http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/topic14526.html

then again, i am now worried about compatibility in the interconnects, ie what plugs into my existing changer, will that plug into an I-Bus changer? sounds like the HU and the changer should be compat but now i am worried about the stuff in between. email me directly at [email protected] if you want or reply to this thread. thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
geoff - can you also let me know what model head unit you used your changer with. i have the alpine C43 model circa 98-99 (from another e36).

as i said, i am very interested in yours but am also looking at some on ebay. thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts