BMW Werkz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.....all, ok...... little over a month ago I replaced my 17" Beyern Wheels with
18" staggered wheels......well to be very honest, I was not happy with the way the car handled & rolled with the larger wheels......& also the fact that I had to alter the ride height in the rear because of clearance issues with the 9.5 width, so I went back with the 17" Beyern's & I am very happy again.....

I also repainted my brake calipers with Duplicolor High Heat Cast Iron color paint & for shits & giggles slapped on these Ebay BMW caliper decals.....:p

pictures were taken with cell phone:

p.s. my Accessory Belt tensioner finally went & started chirping like a bird, I replaced it today.......not an easy task!

jb :)

· Registered
48 Posts
Hey, Good move. Both look good, but the 18"/stag are for shows/runway pics (pose). Years ago I did the same thing and went back to the 17". For the ride, more rubber, less wheel.

Pics look good. Thank-you

3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, Good move. Both look good, but the 18"/stag are for shows/runway pics (pose). Years ago I did the same thing and went back to the 17". For the ride, more rubber, less wheel.

Pics look good. Thank-you
Good to know.......thanks......:)

3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. It is possible to overdo the wheel size after all... Glad it worked out!
It is possible to overdo the wheel size after all
Yes it is, 17's are the best fit for the E36.......Thanks witeshark....:D

· Premium Member
8,707 Posts
i know how you feel johnnyb...the 17's on mine e30 are just TOO big to suit my tastes. i've been keeping my eyes peeled for a nice set of 16's, if you know anyone looking for a set of 16 4bolts let me know.

· Registered
258 Posts
my car actually squatted on the tires when i put 18" staggereds on. let out the clutch and my car stopped dead.after a shorts change i went with 18x8 all around. the calipers look pretty sharp. i left mine alone and am regretting it

· Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Yes it is, 17's are the best fit for the E36.......Thanks witeshark....:D

I can't imagine running 18s; at least not around here. I'm running 235/40/17 all around (.3 inches less sidewall even than your 225/45 setup) and honestly it's pushing it as far as comfort goes.

It's gonna be very fun after Friday when I get the coilovers on and drop it a couple inches. :help

3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Torque;592255]I can't imagine running 18s; at least not around here. I'm running 235/40/17 all around (.3 inches less sidewall even than your 225/45 setup) and honestly it's pushing it as far as comfort goes.

It's gonna be very fun after Friday when I get the coilovers on and drop it a couple inches. :help
yeah.....dropping my car was one of my favorite mods.....

jb

BimmerE39;592269]Hmmm JB, did you keep the 18's or are you going to sell them. I'm considering the jump to 19's next year for limited use. I've had my eye on the Linea Corse LM's for too long. Also, nice job on painting the calipers. They almost looked like a BBK for a second. :D
Thanks BimmerE39, I will probably end up selling them......& sticking with 17" all the time!
I probably will be looking for some stock BMW 17's.....preferably The 17" Staggered BMW E36 M3 Contours......

jb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.