BMW Werkz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FREE 1998 BMW 540 OEM factory Coated 17" alloy wheels. My Michigan brother-in-law wants to give me the set of wheels and tires and ship them to me in Arizona as he traded for a new 5-series.

I must determine if these front and rear rim and tire combinations would have the correct offset, bolt pattern, brake rotor-caliper clearance and the minimum bump clearance to fit on my 100% Stock 1998 328 IC with BMW OEM 15" polished alloy's.

No markings were found on the backside of BMW OEM rims; as I find this strange as U.S. regulations require certain criteria to be stamped into the alloy rim to be in Federal compliance.

The tires are Bridgestone Blizak WS-50 Studless 235 45R 17 94. WS 50 AZ

Thanks in advance for any knowledgeable information and contribution.

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
They'll clear the brakes and suspension for sure, whatever they are (can't see pics).

You will need hubcentric rings (ebay ... 15 bucks), and you will need really narrow, stretched tires as they'll stick out towards the outside of the fenders a lot more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the information........and sorry for the delay as I have been out of country.
My son took the Blizak 17" Bridgestone’s and mounted on his Michigan Audi TT and he shipped the rims to me in AZ. He is happy with the quietness and handling as well.
Any idea of the thickness needed on the hub centric spacers and will longer thread wheel studs be required? Recommended source?

After viewing above photos I am impressed with the results. Are any of these lowered? What size would work with these 8” rims; 235, 225, 205........Aspect Ratio 45, 35........any special tire brands?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts