BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happy birthday ford, i think today is the 100th anniversary. their first car was delivered in 1903. and the company started with $28,000 capital

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I read an article that showed that the models put out 100 years ago were more fuel efficient than now. Kinda freaky when you think about it, but it also makes sense considering how the cars need to be restricted as far as exhaust (and engine management) is concerned, and they weigh more also.

My old man has a '29 model A that he plans on restoring after retirement. He's also got a 69 Austin Princess that he's trying to sell (halfway restored).

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Jun 16 2003, 12:17 PM
I read an article that showed that the models put out 100 years ago were more fuel efficient than now. Kinda freaky when you think about it, but it also makes sense considering how the cars need to be restricted as far as exhaust (and engine management) is concerned, and they weigh more also.

My old man has a '29 model A that he plans on restoring after retirement. He's also got a 69 Austin Princess that he's trying to sell (halfway restored).
if you restore a model A can't they be worth a quarter million dollars? you know how many packs of gum he could buy with that kind of money?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 16 2003, 11:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 16 2003, 11:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--GreenDragon@Jun 16 2003, 12:17 PM

if you restore a model A can't they be worth a quarter million dollars? you know how many packs of gum he could buy with that kind of money? [/b][/quote]
7, but that's only if he sells it fully restored.

I think price also depends greatly on body style (there were different 'Custom' I guess styles out there). His has a leather roof and stuff. I can't remember what the name of the body style was though ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts