BMW Werkz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

Just registered on this forum, but thought you guys might be interested in this.

I went to Hockenheim on Monday for the first testday with my new racecar. It's not the fastest of laps as its my first time driving a sequential gearbox, and its left hand drive, but I had great fun regardless.

Needless to say the car is incredible and I'm extremely happy with it. Schirmer Race Engineering have created a monster!

The video is here :D

·
A NEW DAY RISES...
2,447 Posts
Looks great! Where are you from Steve? I know a beast or two that could chase you...;) - pesky slow old fashioned 6-Speed E46 M3 though...:D

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
He was going well - I don't know Fords very well now but it was some form of turbo'd car. I still can't believe they let us speed through the narrow pits :rofl
it looks like it was a Focus RS with an aftermarket rear valance. They have 300hp stock. Otherwise it might have been a chipped Focus ST which has 225hp stock. Funnily enough both have the 5-cyl Volvo engine (just different turbos) which we have in our new V70 putting out 245hp chipped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it looks like it was a Focus RS with an aftermarket rear valance. They have 300hp stock. Otherwise it might have been a chipped Focus ST which has 225hp stock. Funnily enough both have the 5-cyl Volvo engine (just different turbos) which we have in our new V70 putting out 245hp chipped.
I think you're right, it was probably the RS but modified I believe. I'm told it was quite light too - the car was stripped out and setup as a racecar. I was running with maximum ballast so the car was in its heaviest setup - thats my excuse :rofl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.