BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW MZ4?

Sources close to the situation, tell us this is a close approximation of what the 2004 MZ4 will look like, when it makes its debut in January, at the L.A. auto show.

Sources tell us, it will have either a V8 or a turbo inline six.

The picture below is a tuned version of the Z4 from Hartge.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
damn..looks hot...i want one..i saw a black on black yesterday..it was very nice

S

·
0 Posts
i gaurentee you thats not close to what it looks like (aero wise)....those are not ///M looking pieces....

·
Registered
244 Posts
:eek: i like it!!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by AZ325Ci@May 23 2003, 01:41 PM
BMW MZ4?

Sources close to the situation, tell us this is a close approximation of what the 2004 MZ4 will look like, when it makes its debut in January, at the L.A. auto show.

looks like the Z4 got t-boned by another car with that huge "dent" in the driver's side door! is that to make it look agressive? or bangleized?? but i guess overall it's ok, it's a Z4 with different rims.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It deffinatly wont have a v8 and i extremely doubt that BMW will even consider going turboed 6. Not from the factory. And i think to make that back swoop of the fire engrave really cool would be put a vent there like the mr2 spyders. That would be wicked. But no in line with BMW styling.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
How do you know it won't have a V8???

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
bmw likes to go on tradition. Except in the 5 series (and e30 m3 but it still used similar to the current 318) they have always kept a block design to a specific chasis. Much of the z4 is built off of or similar to the z3 which is almost 100% drawn using the blue prints of e30 and e36 parts. I just really doubt that why will switch a medium size v8 into such a little car that gets a lot of power from a 3 liter already. It would make more sence to put a v8 into a heavier m3 instead of a lighter open top roadster.

But then again thats my opion.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@May 24 2003, 03:05 AM
bmw likes to go on tradition. Except in the 5 series (and e30 m3 but it still used similar to the current 318) they have always kept a block design to a specific chasis. Much of the z4 is built off of or similar to the z3 which is almost 100% drawn using the blue prints of e30 and e36 parts. I just really doubt that why will switch a medium size v8 into such a little car that gets a lot of power from a 3 liter already. It would make more sence to put a v8 into a heavier m3 instead of a lighter open top roadster.

But then again thats my opion.
the next M3 in face WILL have a small displacement V8...it should have one now, because of lack of torque....but i would assume the M3 engine is going to be dropped in at full HP (333 instead of 315 like previous generation m roadster)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
i dont really like where BMW is going. And i dont mean styling either. Putting a v8 into a m3... and it being an m3 will mean it wont be an optional engine package. But as far as i see it the m3s will be turning into a mustang. A large coupe/mini-sedan that will have a small displacement v8. Rear wheel powered, and decently heavy. Man what happened to the s14 days. ah well.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
man, Fox took the words right out of my mouth in all his posts :) :p i really wish i was a bmw fan in the S14 days, but putting a 4.0L V8 in a M3 (like the GTR) wouldnt be a bad idea because of the competition and plus, like speedster said, the maxxed out I-6 is a little short on torque. and i agree that the ///M Z4 will most likely start out with the S54 along with the full 333hp.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
great matts...er.. minds think alike

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
Originally posted by AZ325Ci@May 23 2003, 11:41 AM
BMW MZ4?

Dude, that does not at all look like BMW's M series at all.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Dude, that does not at all look like BMW's M series at all.
yea well neither does the e46 e60 etc etc i dont remember all the new ensignias at 2 in the morning but you get the drift. Maybe its just pressure on bangle.. I read that somewherei dont knowss what the go?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i dunno about you guys but that licence plate cover looks to say hartge, so maybe its not an M but a hartge body kit for the new Z

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@May 24 2003, 03:37 PM
i dunno about you guys but that licence plate cover looks to say hartge, so maybe its not an M but a hartge body kit for the new Z
we know its from hartge! lol, but he was saying thats sorta what the ///m roadster may look like....imo, itll be different, since thats not M styling

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
well you realize they most likely wont be able to keep any resemblence in the M styling since the car is so incredibly different than any of the other bangle designs. Somethings gonna have to change a lot.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@May 25 2003, 01:36 AM
well you realize they most likely wont be able to keep any resemblence in the M styling since the car is so incredibly different than any of the other bangle designs. Somethings gonna have to change a lot.
but ///m styling is the front airdam, seperated with seperate foglight areas....

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@May 24 2003, 03:05 AM
Much of the z4 is built off of or similar to the z3 which is almost 100% drawn using the blue prints of e30 and e36 parts.
i just re-read your post....and while your correct about the Z3....the Z4 is based in its entirety on the E46 chassis

1 - 20 of 26 Posts