BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after driving around getting used to the power, the tendency for massive oversteer with full throttle application in sport mode with the DSC disabled, and the insane acceleration, I finally took her out for some good driving. First i had to toodle through town at 35 MPH. So i got behind the civic who was getting on it going up the on ramp to the highway. I pulled the high speed pass to the left(traffic was clear) he was doing 40 and by the time i passed him i was doing 70. Came to my exit and did a little high speed cornering. 35 MPH again is the speed limit. Then i took her on a backroad going to a friends house an stomped it a bit up to 80. Well some of my friends were there and I told them I would give them a ride. So with 4 people we turn back out onto the backroad. After ensuring traffic was clear I did the customary burnout followed by the breakneck acceleration to 90. Baby steps to to high speed(What About Bob hehe). Went out by the school for some more highspeed cornering then back to the backroad. This time i just went with the flow and got her into 4th before shutting it down at 110. It felt so great with how smooth and responsive it is. The dude in the passenger seat thought we were doing 80 and then was flabberghasted that we were going 110. Next step is a ride out to a track for some Autcross/Road course driving. This car is truly a dream to pilot. Nimble, responsive, very fast. Even when upset it seems to correct itself with simple inputs unlike the old Altima. That is it for now.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Nice :bow2 :bow2 :bow2 :bow2

·
Registered
878 Posts
sweet. just remember, the white speed limit signs are the law....orangey ones are suggested!!

seriously. :lol:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yeah no exaggerating here. i dont speed regurlarly because i dont want to lose my license or make insurance any higher

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Well I am lucky enough to have a small airport strip just across the road from me and there is a road next to it that is about a mile and a half where i can completely open her up.........a lot of people do this here.....for some reasons we never see cops there :dunno

·
Registered
878 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Sep 1 2003, 01:10 PM
haha yeah no exaggerating here. i dont speed regurlarly because i dont want to lose my license or make insurance any higher
wow. a state with traffic laws. do you guys get people with 10-15 DWI/DUI's out there? it's common in NM. :banghead

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
post more pictures of ur m5. good to hear u love ur new car

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you see the showroom presto? i may go to a nice place once i move to Cali but i live in redneck state NC now

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok ill do it up this weekend. i will try and find a good spot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts