BMW Werkz banner

Finally got the hood off!!!

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  steveo86 
#1 ·
My dad and I finally got that damn hood off. I first unscrewed the passenger side hood hinge (how much are those?) and then found out how to take off the hood shocks. Then I got the drivers side hinge off and just pryed the hood forward (it looked like a Corvette hood!) till we could get to the hex screws that hold the hood latch to the hood. The damage was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it is still going to be expensive to pull that frame straight.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
All of the red you will see is the light from this incandescet lamp I had next to it, thinking that the flash was so bright. This is the front, where you can see the radiator and fan was pushed up against the block. There was no damage to the block at all (YESSSS!!!!!)

Attachments

#4 ·
Here you can see that the oil cap is not in its original position, and I dont think the motor mounts broke, they just moved.

Attachments

#5 ·
No I was just standing at an angle.

#6 ·
Here you can see all of that cooling equipment stuffed togeather. Radiator is cracked in half in the bottom center half of the radiator.

Attachments

#8 ·
I didnt have collision insurance (DOH!!!) so I have to pay for it out of pocket. I have decided that I am just going to drive it till the wheels fall off. I am not going to get much money for it if I sell it.

#10 ·
No, I wasnt hurt, just had a scratch from something on my forehead. I am going to fix it, I have no other way out (seriously). I have to fix it. I was going about 20mph.

#11 ·
Originally posted by steveo86@May 6 2003, 07:44 AM
I didnt have collision insurance (DOH!!!) so I have to pay for it out of pocket. I have decided that I am just going to drive it till the wheels fall off. I am not going to get much money for it if I sell it.
still want the shit that u wanted?

#12 ·
my reccomendation is that you part out the car and recoup that way. your engine will fetch at least $4k, you can ebay your wheels for at least $800, ditto your seats, stereo equip, climate computer, etc, etc. or sell it to a BMW shop as a parts car

#15 ·
I just got off the phone with the head mechanic at a place called "Body Werks", no german realtion. He said that they have the frame pulling machines that put it back right where it is supposed to be. He was really nice, and is coming up to my house (10 miles away) in a few weeks to look at the car for $25, and it is refunded if I do the work with them, probably will anyways. I explained to him in detail where it was bent, and he said it shouldnt sacrifice integrity with a few exceptions, and I told him none of those exceptions applied for my car. I am feeling pretty good about all of this now, and I am thinking about taking out a loan in my parents name and fix it now, hopefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.