BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters, My dad has a 08 535xi, and the warranty is about up, and he is looking for a little bit more get up and go, if you will. He loves the car, and its obviously his Daily, but, he wants a little bit more power, in a perfect world... something to help with the turbo lag. I have read / heard that people were capable 60hp out of just a tune? Mind you this was on the 335xi's so i figured its not quiet the same, but generally close? Please, correct me if I am wrong, I am here to learn!!

So I guess my question is... What's the best bang for the buck and were to start off on some go fast goodies? Things to help it get off the line.

Thanks in advanced!

Oh also, Is there some short code for the motor? I was just thinking about that, how they have the E60 and what not, but I have no idea what motor is in this car.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
The tune will have the same result on a 135, 335, or 535 because it's the same engine. Most tunes give a 70-80 horsepower boost. An intake and tune will give you a pretty good bang for the buck. Active Autowerke has a processor that gives you 8 different power settings. Check it out here.

Also look at the AFe intake system here.

The engine is an N54B30 by the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts