BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got the Voxx R Action 17x8 wheels on Ebay auction for BMW E36. These wheels fit only E36/E46/E40 cars and are designed for BMWs. Today I was mounting the wheel, and the factory lug nuts turned out to be too short for these wheels (lugs go only a couple of threads into the rotor). I have tried every autoparts store, including euro-import parts, and noone has these lugs available. The factory size is 12x1.5, and it's the only length everybody carries. I need lugs about 8mm to 10mm longer. Where do y'all get them?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
mayb you got screwed and the wheels arent for your car

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
a good hardware store should have suitable metric bolts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the wheel mounting kit ordered from discount tire direct. Includes lug bolts of proper length and wheel locks, 60$ shipped. That's for a total of 20 bolts, 3 bucks apiece. These lugs a about 8mm longer than factory ones. Actually, many aftermarket wheels have to use them, so places like tire rack, etc. carry them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope - I confirmed with sales rep - they are for E36s, hub-centric, correct offset and all.

I apologize for a typo in the topic title - but edit function didn't allow me to correct it :nope

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
;) fixed it for ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts