BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions regarding extended warrantees? We just bought a new 2003 325xi and LOVE IT! We can get an extended warrantee adding another 50K miles to the original 50K mile warrantee for $1800 - $2000. Do they tend to have problems in the 50 - 100K miles range? I know they are quality cars but they are sooo complex.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'm looking at these cars, and I don't know what the right move is.

With most cars, I'd forego the warranty, as I'm pretty sure I could fix most problems that arise, myself. But the Bimmer, along with the repair costs, intimidates me a bit.

So I'll wait with you, for an educated response.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
for the price of the extended warranty it isnt bad. if you have a vanos unit go out or something in that price range then it would be worth it. see if you cant get extended by your dealership and so that it will be honored no matter where you go. then it will be worth it

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i think its deffinately worth it for the peace of mind. even though these were top notch engineered cars, you never know what could go wrong

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price of parts and the labor rate are higher than domestic autos. Tough call as to whether you need the extended warranty. I got mine as part of the certified pre-owned deal on my 1 yr old 323 with 15k on the odo. Paid for the extended service, and its paid for itself in brake work. Yoiu know that if you pay, you won't use it; and if you don't it'll fall apart. :wink

1 - 6 of 6 Posts