BMW Werkz banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m looking @ aftermarket exhaust and wanting to know which is the best as far as sound a power increase. I dont mean most expensive ( a lot of ppl think that the more it cost, the better it is). Any Ideas??

·
Registered
126 Posts
im pretty sure the real power increase comes from headers, and just an exaust doesn't do all that much, but also, i think that exhausts don't vary THAT much

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
yeah, exhaust arent good for much hp. just sound and looks. imo supersprint ($600) looks the best, but stromung sounds the best (also around $600) . if you want a really loud exhaust then B&B Triflow ($600+) or Brullen($3-400) would be the top systems. but any stainless steel exhaust will be a good replacement, and you could probably get a custom exhaust done for under $300

·
Registered
178 Posts
First off, what do you drive?

Keep in mind that there are very little horsepower numbers to be gained by putting on an aftermarket exhaust...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have one yet, I"m looking at an 88 325i and the guy that has one for sale said the Ramus exaust it has is one of the best... thats why I asked

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Strogmund is (in my opinion - and almost everyone else) the best exhaust for e30 by far. Also you can get them for 400 if you get anodized aluminum instead of steal which i think is more of a bargin.

·
Registered
126 Posts
ive heard bad and good things about remus, so you should just try it it to see if you like it, buy a new one if u dont, but hteres no point in wasting money

·
Registered
22 Posts
exhaust isnt going to give you huge power increases, but if you want to get as much power out of it as you can, go with a full header-back exhaust and go cat-less. As for which particular exhaust to go with, it really depends more on what type of sound you prefer and how loud you want it to be

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.