BMW Werkz banner

exhaust questionssssss

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  jllphan 
#1 ·
hey ive got a '97 328is and its time for an aftermarket exhuast. anyone whos been through getting one please tell me about it. and it would be nice if someone gave me some suggestions. oh, and im not bill gates so try and keep the price relatively low, ie under 400

#2 ·
lol you cant get shit for under 400... try again. Almost every bmw exhaust is set at 650

#4 ·
i've got a 1995 328i.....
i bought a Hamann "cat back" system for £400, from a company over here in the UK called Autovouge in stafford.
it has improved the power on the car and the noise it makes is sweet, it gives off a deeep throaty noise to complement the inducion filter, and when you de-celertate it pops and farts like a gooden....

#8 ·
Supersprint easily. Got mine for $550 shipped from www.eurospeedperformance.com Supersprint is the best aftermarket exhaust company out there. They dyno test all of their exhausts for the most possible gains, if they can't make power with an exhaust, they won't put them out on the market. That is why there aren't SS exhaust for Porsche, b/c porsche exhaust are allready so free-flowing.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Fissionx@Aug 30 2003, 07:16 PM
Supersprint easily. Got mine for $550 shipped from www.eurospeedperformance.com Supersprint is the best aftermarket exhaust company out there. They dyno test all of their exhausts for the most possible gains, if they can't make power with an exhaust, they won't put them out on the market. That is why there aren't SS exhaust for Porsche, b/c porsche exhaust are allready so free-flowing.
what are you asking for your cd player?? :D i'm in the market.

#12 ·
Originally posted by trinidon2k@Aug 31 2003, 12:39 PM
the exhaust systems on www.eurospeedperformance.com are cat back?.....i didnt think so.....but i'm not 100%.....thats what i'm looking into.....i want a powerful vroom vroom noise that adds a good amount of hp......the kind of noise that you can here coming form like 3 or 4 blocks away
you deffinately wont get that with supersprint. if you like loud, then brullen or b&b triflow is the way to go

#15 ·
Originally posted by Fissionx@Aug 31 2003, 08:57 PM
the exhaust on eurospeed's site is a cat back. Triflows are loud but they put out the least ammout of hp of any e36 exhaust. I think on one test it lost hp over stock m3 exhaust. But yes, its loud.
the triflows perform better than the supersprint exhausts, it showed a gain of 5.4hp on a e36 m3 where the supersprint only showed a gain of 4.1hp, plus the triflow is 8lbs lighter.

#16 ·
you should try ebay if you want a fairly priced exhaust. you can sometimes find remus exhaust for under 500 or if you want to go really cheap you can even get an exhaust for around hundred. the cheapest ones i found were made by air racing dynamics. if you get an exhaust. get an DTM exhaust. sweet and nice ass sound :D

#17 ·
just by looking at pictures......how do u tell which is cat back and which is regular?.....i am thinking about the triflow with dtm...or super sprint with dtm ($580) .....anyone have a link to the tri flow?....which should i go for?....about how much is installation of a cat back exhaust system? :help

#19 ·
another comparison....hopes it helps all...i'm still stumped with what to get.....i'm leaning towards supersprint or remus....i want loud...but not annoyingly loud where i have to raise my voice to talk to the passenger.....but loud so that u can hear me coming from like 2 blocks away......what should i go with?

#22 ·
I recently bought and installed B&B tri Flo. It's little bit louder then i expected. Car runs great, and i can feel difference. I have a steptronic/automatic, so i kind a have feeling that shifting is faster and shorter. When i am on Hwy in a 5th gear i get boring rumbling tone from exhaust, it kind a hurts my ears:)

Anyway question.
I ordered K&N replacement filter, i heard that with the free flow exhaust adding this filter will make some improvement.
Is this true?

#25 ·
Can you replace an exhaust yourself, or does it have to be welded?

#26 ·
Originally posted by dado@May 26 2004, 02:44 PM
I recently bought and installed B&B tri Flo. It's little bit louder then i expected. Car runs great, and i can feel difference. I have a steptronic/automatic, so i kind a have feeling that shifting is faster and shorter. When i am on Hwy in a 5th gear i get boring rumbling tone from exhaust, it kind a hurts my ears:)

Anyway question.
I ordered K&N replacement filter, i heard that with the free flow exhaust adding this filter will make some improvement.
Is this true?
the tone on the exhaust is something your gonna have to live with, either that or crank the stereo up a bit more.

as for the K&N yes youll see a inprovement however may not be that noticeable if any at all. its hard to ever really feel gains less than 10hp and near imposible to feel any under 6-5hp. however it will be there regardless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.