BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know some people have asked already but i cant seem to find the answer... my cats are clogged and i can feel it plus it rattles some times. i was wandering if i cut off the cats and just put piping if i would have any problems like bad o2 sensor readings or check engine lights or anything like that i have a 95 325i. Also would it hurt to cut out the silencers to and just straight pipe it all the way from the y pipe and o2 sensor? Any answers would help thanks ahead of time

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
if your cats are clogged yes you can run straight pipes, just make sure your state doesn't do any form of emisions testing. The rattle you hear is most likely heat shields that have become loose, my remedy for that is to remove them altogether.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool im cutting my cats off today and im get some pipes i prolly wont take out anything else till this weekend. Anyone know if my car has 2 cats or 1 its a 95 325i e36

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Lucky you live where you do, here in the UK, it would fail the emissions without a cat, while on the subject I presume you dont have a post cat o2 sensor....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you guys i cut the cat off today its loud but i regained some power but i still need to get some kinda high flow cat i think and no i dont have a post cat sensor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts