BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im a newbie here, and im gonna be getting an M3 soon probably 2002 or so, and i did some research on some chips and exhaust but i wanted some opinions on what you guys think is the best.
For the exhaust im more concerned about sound then performace increase, i was looking at remus or tri flow but i would appreciate suggestions on what you think is the best.
I have no idea were to go for the chip so i would appreciate which ever chip gives you the most power thats not to crazy in price. :D Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I also have a question relating to chips....are they hard to install???

i drive an e36 M3...would it be fairly easy to get a chip for it? :confused

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
you can do the conforti upgrade. shouldnt be hard.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Originally posted by izwar@Oct 25 2003, 01:36 AM
:p What about my question :D
for a chip, get a conforti (biggest hp increase out of all of them and not too expensive) then for an exhaust it depends on what your looking for. your not gonna get a whole lot of hp from any of them so thats pretty much out of the question. if your going for a loud, and mean sounding exhaust get a tri flo or rogue engineering and for a high quality but quitier exhaust go for the aa tuning. ask the board sponsor for a good deal on any of these items

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have the Eurobahn Superchip. and i like it very much. better throttle response, and noticable high end power increase. i dont know how it would do on an E36 model. but you can contact Jeff Zusman from Eurobahn.

here is is email
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
im not sure about what voids the waranty and what doesnt, if your unsure go with dinan. they are pricey but wont ruin the waranty. gruppeM makes a nice intake for the e46 m3 as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by izwar@Oct 24 2003, 05:08 PM
Hey im a newbie here, and im gonna be getting an M3 soon probably 2002 or so, and i did some research on some chips and exhaust but i wanted some opinions on what you guys think is the best.
For the exhaust im more concerned about sound then performace increase, i was looking at remus or tri flow but i would appreciate suggestions on what you think is the best.
I have no idea were to go for the chip so i would appreciate which ever chip gives you the most power thats not to crazy in price. :D Thanks a lot
check www.jagsgill.com use real european chips, etc, etc.... we'll download the file off your ecu and e-mail it to the UK and then make a file accordingly.... [email protected] :idea2

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by the///man@Nov 24 2003, 02:21 PM
im not sure about what voids the waranty and what doesnt, if your unsure go with dinan. they are pricey but wont ruin the waranty. gruppeM makes a nice intake for the e46 m3 as well
Technically, Dinan will void the factory warranty as quickly and surely as any other aftermarket manufacturer. The only difference is that Dinan claims they will step in with their own warranty should BMW refuse coverage due to damage deemed to be caused by Dinan mods.

BMW makes no exceptions for Dinan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts