BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 03 325i with Bi-Xenons..when I first turn them on they have that bright white/purplish color, however after about 15 seconds or so, they become a bright yellowish color.

I had a 02 325i loaner car that had the xenons as well, those had the bright white/purplish color all the time.

My question is, do the xenons have a break in period where they will adapt to that white/purplish color, or is there a difference in the bulbs themselves.

Anyone else with a brand new 03' experience this with your xenons, please help!!

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by underpsi@Jul 23 2003, 12:58 PM
I just bought a 03 325i with Bi-Xenons..when I first turn them on they have that bright white/purplish color, however after about 15 seconds or so, they become a bright yellowish color.

I had a 02 325i loaner car that had the xenons as well, those had the bright white/purplish color all the time.

My question is, do the xenons have a break in period where they will adapt to that white/purplish color, or is there a difference in the bulbs themselves.

Anyone else with a brand new 03' experience this with your xenons, please help!!

Thanks
hey i got a 03 325i wit hxeon, mine stay white purple color

sorry

-Mike

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i may be wrong but i think there is a slight break-in period for bmw xenons. i think bmw xenons are rated at 7000k so they should be a purpleish white color at all times

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Micall- did yours have that break-in period too, or were they that color from the start. Also are yours xenons or bi-xenons??

MrM3- any idea how long the breakin period is???

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
yeah i think there is a break in period

as far as color goes, i was told that usually it starts out bluish purple, then it stays at a steady white. (maybe you see yellow cuz you were comparing the white light to the initial blue color)

·
Registered
264 Posts
mine are still purpleish as well, but i have never seen any yellow

·
Registered
81 Posts
:rock Hello. My 2000 323CI does not have xenon's, however...I have a 2000 Porsche that has what Porsche calls "Litronics" which are the same thing as xenon. When you turn on the car, the ball-pivot inside the headlamps tilt up and get an EXTREMELY bright White/Purple/Blue color...then yes after about 15-20 seconds...it fades to a more bright white color and remains the same. I asked Porsche the same question you have about different bulbs...and they told me that Porsche Litronics come with two types of bulbs...one that remains blue or one that fades white (which I have)...I believe BMW is the same (Since Porsche and BMW are practically the same type German racers). These bulbs ran about $250.00/ea from Porsche. Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts