BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an E39 with an erratic heater blower problem. Has anyone had similar problems, and if so how do you fix it?

Cheers in advance.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi alanh,

The heater blower intermitantly increases in speed, sometimes upto full power whether it's in auto or not. And I have no control over it apart from turning the blower off.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
isnt that supposed to happen when you turn the climate control to 32? it keeps the car at the same temp at all times ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I have the same problem. You should be able to turn off 'auto' and reduce the blower level to the minimum without the climate control taking over as far as I know and when I do this, I get the same symptoms as you. I'm wondering whether this could just be loose connections as my fans tend to cut out for a short time when I hit a bump in the road. I'm having it serviced by a dealer in the next couple of weeks so will see if they can advise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had the car serviced at the dealer and, as predicted by other posts on the board, it was a faulty sensor (Apparently happens quite a bit. The part was £50 + fitting so not a cheap fix, but certainly cheaper than a new climate control unit. If you need the full name of the unit, let me know and I'll dig out the docs.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts