BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to BMW, but know that I want the M5 (family, kids, etc). I'm not terribly fond of the new body style, so am planning to find a used M5. An acquaintance is considering selling me his (details not yet discussed) 2001 M5 with ~50K miles and in mint condition. I was wondering if there have been any significant changes to the car from 2001-2004 that should preclude me from considering his offer? Are the miles an issue (i.e., how much quality mileage does the car have ahead of it)? Do I need to sonsider extended warranties since the factory one is almost over, if not already? I think that he will give me a good deal, but I don't want to sacrifice any new features that are worthwhile. I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
miles are fine if you get a warranty with it, if not find something with less miles under warranty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Perhaps this is just something that bothers me but the CD based navigations is really slow (for me). I think that'll be the only thing that'll bother me on the '01 M5s. :banghead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts