BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bravo Hey I'm kinda on a budget with my E36 94is....I want more power etc. Looking at the 95 M3 motor with install is like an ARM and leg.(Too expensive)...so I was wondering if these are possible...and what can I expect from it. What of Port and polishing my e36 325is head? will it make power? if yes by how much? what if I get m3 cams and put it in my 325is...what kind of power to expect? And what if I get a decent M3 head (JUST the HEAD) clean it up port and polish it etc....then just slap it into/ontop my 325is block (will it work?)...and put a 95 DME in.. or can I just use my 325is DME?.....I would just like facts from experience or opinions as well...cause I plan on shopping around for these parts if it'll benefit my PRECIOUS (my car). TIA.... :driving P.S my mods already are intake w/heatsheild, chiped...and I ordered a TSE.11 from UUC...(not here yet)...not quite satisfied yet...so I'm looking for more stuff to tweak....

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Port and Polish will help let you make more power, but i dont know what the actual gain is. The m3 cams will give you a slight edge as well. The DME doesnt nmeed to be changed form another year model, you need a new chip, such as a conforti.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok how bout just slappin on a 95+ m3 head....ontop of the 325is any gains....?thanks..

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
once again without the right combo of parts you wont see anything serious. get the cams some springs, the head, and some pistons from an M and you may see some decent gains.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright..I'mma look for a good cond. used M3 head and pistons from a M3 and slapp it ontop of my 325is...Since this is just the head...Does it MATTER what year from? Just a 95M3 or can I get the 99m3 head?...(OBD concerns)

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
The year of the head shouldnt matter, I dont think anything is different about it on the OBDII version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '95 325is and I had a 3.0L head from germany put on my car. I got it from Bekkers for oike $3000 but it came with M3 sport cams, port and polished, titanium valve springs and retainers(perfect for say a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous system) a compression of 10.8:1 and fully assembled and ready to install. I love it and it runs like a champ. With my exhaust, chip, and intake it runs almost like a new M3. As far as a 3.2 liter from an M3 after '95, I dont think itll work out without a new computer and I think I remembver being told that the the blocks are slightly different from 95 to the 96 M3 engine. As far as other mods, look for a free-floe exhaust from a company like Remus which also headers and a straight-pipe system for your car, also expensive but very mcuh worth it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Herb15E@Jan 15 2004, 04:05 PM
I have a '95 325is and I had a 3.0L head from germany put on my car. I got it from Bekkers for oike $3000 but it came with M3 sport cams, port and polished, titanium valve springs and retainers(perfect for say a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous system) a compression of 10.8:1 and fully assembled and ready to install. I love it and it runs like a champ. With my exhaust, chip, and intake it runs almost like a new M3. As far as a 3.2 liter from an M3 after '95, I dont think itll work out without a new computer and I think I remembver being told that the the blocks are slightly different from 95 to the 96 M3 engine. As far as other mods, look for a free-floe exhaust from a company like Remus which also headers and a straight-pipe system for your car, also expensive but very mcuh worth it.
Hmmmm I might just go that route too....yours is still a 2.5 liter right? Heres my thing...I'll save up for this mod etc. like yours....then I look at if I could save 2000 more I can get a Supercharger from ActiveAutowerks etc. and be in the 300HP+ range....hmmmmm....N/A(m3 head swap) or supercharger(AA) that is my ?? :driving ...Sorry can't have both...the wiffee will KILL me! Thanks fellas... :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
You'll spend a lot of money either way to get any worthwhile gains. BMW heads flow well to begin with. To port and polish requires the head to be removed. That alone won't get you much. Cams? $$$ Pistons? $$$
May as well supercharge it, or buy an M3.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does any body know how much the supercharger from aa costs just wondering as it doesn't say on the site.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
5000 is the number thats coming to mind, but that might be the AA turbo cost.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AA turbo=10,500 roughly
AA M3 supercharger=$5,500 350hp flywheel 285hp whp (stock)
AA E36 325i(s) supercharger=$5,300 315hp flywheel 245hp whp (stock)(VANOS only!) estimated, give or take $100....these SS kit comes with front mount intercooler&oil cooler.......... :driving

·
Registered
990 Posts
What exact is 'porting and polishing'? can someone explain this to me so i understand what it is and how it creates more power

·
Registered
990 Posts
n/m, im gonna start a new thread asking the question...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the you see the intake manifold splitting seperately into engine (6)...then the exhaust manifold all six of them comming out...well they take the head off...port all 12 of those holes exhaust and intake side...(make it larger,bigger hole) for more air to enter and exit...polishing (the intake and exhaust and all the valves etc.) :driving makes the air flows faster and more smoother better combustion...somewhat more torque and power...I'm assuming...but I've noticed that when my friend P/P his car. He revved it and it was KRAZY loud!!....Sorry I can't explain in more detail or more professional...well thats just my 2pennies...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts