BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there! strange messages on check panel in my 1993 540i : brake light+tail light+dip beam+lic.plate light. None of the bulbs/fuses faulty - any suggestions???THX

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
pull the fuse and reset the system

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
did they just show up recently? or have you had those problems fixed, but the check lights didnt go away?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Check every light bulb you have first to be sure one isn't out and being mis-diagnosed by the ECU. You may have a short somewhere. I have also heard that some bulbs, I think if they aren't the correctly rated bulbs or something, will continually throw the check lights at you even though they've been replaced. Double check the wattage and all that for those bulbs you've replaced to be sure they aren't 1) underated or 2) overated for your car.

Good luck and wipe that smile off your face. NOW DAMNIT!

:wave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your advice, the problem has appeared without any reason no repairs have been carried out. I did check all the bulbs, they are not blown but they do look blackish (overheated???) so I will change them plus I am gonna clean all the conectors. After removing all the fuses, error messages dissapeared, but brake light one came back few hours later and now is gone again??? Good fun...

Regards

·
Registered
497 Posts
wow, this could be a tough one. Which bulbs did you say were blackened? There is a good possibility you could have a faulty LCM. Check the bulbs, connectors, contacts and if any of the bulbs look "smoked" or black, then replace those with a good quality bulb, preferably a bmw bulb (believe me, it makes a difference). Report back with your findings soldier, DisMissed !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts