BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance of driving the new Bmws that we receive at the dealer. first impressions of the 328i, I thought it was very dissatisfing.Saw the the 335i and thought it looked sightly better. Got in, put the key in and started it. Didn't sound like the N54 motor, slightly deeper.Hmm sounds interesting I thought. Took off shifting through the 6 speed transmission. Almost as quick a e46 m3 on acceleration but very smooth and not jumpy. Looked down and saw I was almost doing 100mph. During acceleration, a slight sweet sound of some amounts of boost spooling up from low revs. As I approached some turns, some sharp, some smooth. During the easy turns, the car handled like the 330i sport package e90. During the sharp turns at higher then posted speed limits, the car wanted to oversteer due to the power that is in front of you and the 52/48 weight disturbtion on the car.

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
They dont have a 4 door 335. So it's the e92 328 and e92 335. Not that it really matters.

Sounds good. Was the power very linear as expected? Anyone know how much boost the turbos are pushing out and what size/type of turbos?

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
german-speed-demon said:
I think c&D lists boost at 10-12 psi. Not really sure though...

Boo, electronically limited at 150mph.

Can't find it.
Electronic limiting is easy to remove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
very dissappointing. I couldnt hear turbo's spooling at all. Not bad accel but I want to hear and feel the turbo kick in but no such luck

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
well
the power is very linear...
pretty powerful for a non M car... thats for sure...

Several things I didn't like, though. The car had a lot of wind noise and a fairly unrefined ride overall. Few squeaks and rattles through the interior, etc.

Also, the engine wasn't the typical "BMW Smooth", it was rough and the vibrations could be felt through the floor boards, etc.

Overall, I like the 330i much much better. So much more refined. Maybe I drove a dud one? Only had > 100 miles.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
///M Power said:
They dont have a 4 door 335. So it's the e92 328 and e92 335. Not that it really matters.

Sounds good. Was the power very linear as expected? Anyone know how much boost the turbos are pushing out and what size/type of turbos?
335 and 328 i and xi sedans will start with the 2007 model year. They are already listed on BMW's website.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts