BMW Werkz banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
About issue #1 if you have aftermarket rims or had tires replaced recently have them balance checked, then see if you happen to need a centering ring.

Otherwise you could be experiencing shock/strut replacement, or the connector rod bushing being worn out.

Issue #2, can you define a while? seconds or minutes? I have had similar issues lasting only like 5-10 seconds while I am in DS mode.
Vibration: most likely you just need your wheels re-balanced. Very common symptoms and easy, inexpensive solution.

When you say “car stays revved up” are you talking just about rpms or also speed (does car not begin to decelerate)? That’s critical info to know before trying to begin to diagnose issue. Fact that fuel consumption gauge runs consistent with tach may be noteworthy. Assuming car does NOT continue to accelerate, likely a software issue. OBDII reader can scan for fault code(s) and guide tech to specific issue. Likely not a very costly problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:
I have a 2008 535xi and the yellow engine light went on last night associated with a very rough engine idle. The dealership's closed due to the holiday weekend so I thought I'd throw this out to the community. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Most likely air mass control sensor needs replacement. Inexpensive.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts