BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 545i in the US with navigation , i am a lttile confused, are there no map displayed to show street level?
My 2001 330CI has a map to follow the car as it travels and show streets.
Why would they not give you a map display?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
they do.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Nav system is DVD-based and mounted in the glove compartment if I recall correctly. The 6-disc CD changer is in-dash, though I'd like to know whether it will play MP3 CDs.

Congrats on the 545i. I have one on order as well with Nav and Head-Up. Let's hope production starts in February...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!
Are you sure about the cd changer in dash?
I thought the DVD nav was in dash under the cd player and Changer was in glove box?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.
What do you think about the bluetooth being able to add on later since I have ordered the car now. I am getting it with the V60 phone for now. Can it be fitted with bluetooth later?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bluetooth is not listed as a factory option so it may be dealer-installable. I would suggest checking with the salesperson or with BMW directly (their contact numbers are on www.bmwusa.com). I am also interested in this option for obvious reasons of safety and convenience; it would be a letdown if this option was not dealer-installable.

The V60 is specifically listed as being compatible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts