BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Ive got a slight knocking sound around left wheel area when turning right and driving slowly after advice I fitted new shock but noise still there checked area when fitting shock everything seemed solid any ideas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate thanks for the reply 61000 on the clock I've checked exaust seems solid also panels seem solid and suspension springs seem fine wheel itself ok these were all checked when I fitted new shock but noise was still there anoyingly its like a dull clicking only when turning right when i go over humps or potholes everything seems normal do you think I should have it checked with dealer costly here in the uk but maybe better to be safe than sorry eh

·
Registered
729 Posts
check stupid things (like inside rear seat moounts), and catastrophic things (rear subframe, rear sway bar mounts). since it is on one side, flex disc unlikely imho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive got a mate who is quite handy with cars so I'll get him to have a final look before going to dealer just trying to get some ideas where to look and what to look for thanks for the reply appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is one of the difficult problems for BMW. I had my BMW5 repaired for many times, but the air conditioner system still got some problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi Ive got a slight knocking sound around left wheel area when turning right and driving slowly after advice I fitted new shock but noise still there checked area when fitting shock everything seemed solid any ideas
This involves the physical resonance Bai principle. When the vibration frequency of two objects is the same, there will be resonance. At this time, the vibration frequency is the additive Dao, which is also the most severe vibration. When the vibration frequency of two objects is different, the frequency is reduced, and the vibration is not very obvious! It is applied to your car, that is, when your speed reaches a certain speed, the frequency of your transmission shaft and your tire is the same as the vibration frequency of the ground. At this time, resonance occurs and the vibration is added, so you will hear a particularly loud noise. When the car fails to reach or exceeds this speed, the resonance ends, the vibration frequency decreases and the noise occurs It will decrease! This phenomenon is also very common on washing machines. When the washing machine is dehydrated, the sound first becomes loud and then becomes smaller, which is also the principle!
BMW often have this kind of problem.Your left front wheel is out of alignment. It is recommended to do a four-wheel alignment test

1 - 11 of 11 Posts