BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

just a quick question - wat sizes are the drivers and passenger wipers on the e39s?

I am looking for replacement blades but cant seem to find any E39 ones on ebay so may need to look for a compatible replacement.

So far i have found driver 24" -26" and passenger 22"-24" - can anyone confirm this?

My BMW dealer quoted me AU$44.00 EACH blade....no way i'm lettin them tear me a new on with that.

Any help would be great!

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also to keen to see what's on offer as I also need to change mine. I believe it's best to just get the rubber blades minus the metal fins and simply reuse them (the fins). That would surely make it cheaper.

I've read some confusing info on wiper blades re lengths, hopefully those with a wiper blade black belt will chime in.

GL

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought the replacement rubber inserts from NAPA here in the US of A. It was very time consuming to replace the inserts so I don't recommend it. I later found complere Bosch replacement blades on the internet for around US $25 (both blades). I don't remember where I got them but they're out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies all!
I ended up going to Autobarn (auto parts warehouse in Aus) and got wiper blade refills. Drivers side is 8mm by 24" and passenger is 6mm by 22" I believe. I just bought two 26" ones and cut them down to size. Also fitted the 8mm wide ones to passeneger side wiper and believe me, it's an incredibly tight fit and took the best part of 20 mins to do with help! Total cost - $10.00 which is a helluva lot netter than the dealership $44.00EACH that they quoted me!!!

Problem all sorted, thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.