BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing the seats of my e39 (530-2002), an airbag light came out on the dash board. After checking various things & carry out number computer diagnostics, the technician has advised to replace the Airbag control Module @ 500$ in order to clear the Airbag signal.

I can not really trust this advice due to the fact that this module was ok before he does the replacement of the seats.

He is saying that the module was damaged after installing the seats.

Any idea of what is happening with me?

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
If you had disconnected the battery prior to removing the seats you would not have had the airbag light come on.....so if you didnt disconnect the battery this is why the light is on, the light is easily turned off by diagnostics, Ive done this for many people who didnt disconnect the battery first and re-set the light for them in about 3 minutes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks marti,

Actually the battery was disconnected prior to removing the seats.

Anyway, for some reasons the airbag control module was not accessable by diagnostic tool & now the situation is better after replacing the airbag control module but the light is still on. Diagnostic is now showing errors related to “sensor side airbag left & right”.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts