BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i have a 95 2 door 325 is with this annoying issue
the stupid window keeps going up and down and up and down instead of just up when I press the window button to close power windows, this is most of the times but only when closing the windows, sometimes it works normally and nicely goes up like a normal car.
Are the switches dying or what the hell, so frustrating
anyone else have this issue

Thanks

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
It will be the switch, you may be able to remove it and take it apart and give it a good blast of WD40 or electrical contact cleaner cleaner, you could try to do it from above it may penetrate in to the switch or source another switch.

Basically its sticky contacts with in the switch.

· Registered
15 Posts
I agree with Marti,
If you only have the problem on one window you could test the theory by swapping the switches over. (Lift your shifter gator and push them up from beneath, unplug them and swap them). If the problem moves to the other window, then you know for sure. You can strip them down and clean the contacts, but be careful. You might as well do them both for good measure.

· Registered
25 Posts
I have a 1994 325is two door. My car used to do this exact same thing. The fix was to lubricate and operate by hand repeatedly, the door switch plunger inside the door jambs. The door thinks its open and the window motor can't tell where the top is. A few blasts of WD40 and all is better. If the buttons are pushed harder, to auto up or down mode, and the window then goes up fine, it's time to clean or replace the window up/down buttons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.