BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an e36,i have searched several threads about the sunroof in these models and like everything else about them and their owners the same problem doesnt always have the same solution so i am here to see if anyone can help me, when i press the sunroof button the motor starts and almost immediately i hear the relay cutting out, it doesnt even get slightly openned, so have taken off the light cover and the sunroof motor cover, taken out the relay tried a new one and the same thing is happening, have also tried the hex key to open the sunroof, stuck solid, have even pushed the button while getting someone to put a bit of weight on the sunroof to see if that would help unstick it but still nothing. would anyone be able to tell me how to get in to the mechanism of the sunroof to see if anything in there has failed.i have also taken the motor out to see if all is working as it should there and it seems to be, any help would be appreciated , thanks

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
This seems like it should help.......I was going to suggest that you remove the sunroof's motor.....as they do in this link:

BMW E36 Sunroof Repair

jb :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.