BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this one on ebay and it doesn't have an air bag. so i'm kinda comtemplating on whether i should put it on my car. but can anybody tell me what year of e36 this came on? -thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
if you are positive thats an e36 wheel, it'd have to be a 91 or early 92. ABs were standard on the drivers side starting in 92, and on both sides in 93.

I'd be more inclined to say its an e30 wheel or factory replacment for those who didn't want to/couldn't pay to replace the airbag.

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
Originally posted by abemcclellan@Sep 10 2004, 12:50 PM
i got this one on ebay and it doesn't have an air bag. so i'm kinda comtemplating on whether i should put it on my car. but can anybody tell me what year of e36 this came on? -thanks!
airbags are for the WEAK!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
uhhh, dual front airbags were'nt standard in 1993, my 325is had driver only

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
to the two of you above, whats your build dates?

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you are positive thats an e36 wheel, it'd have to be a 91 or early 92. ABs were standard on the drivers side starting in 92, and on both sides in 93.

I'd be more inclined to say its an e30 wheel or factory replacment for those who didn't want to/couldn't pay to replace the airbag.
My 1993 BMW 318i has this steering wheel so I'm not sure what you are saying is true (Build date: November 1992,) (Late 1992)

·
Registered
14 Posts
In the United States, cars on the market must be equipped with airbags. To be exaggerated, the car can have no steering wheel, but it cannot be without airbags. Since 1995, the United States has forced all car companies to install airbags on their cars. For those manufacturers who do not install or cut corners and use inferior materials, they will directly deduct 60 million US dollars. That's the profit of auto companies for most of the year. Therefore, in order to avoid fines, car companies honestly install airbags.As far as I knew, some wuling cars don't have the airbags. Luckily, my car wuling confero has the airbag,which really makes me feel relief.
So,for your safety, I recommend you change another steering wheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts