BMW Werkz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

Can anyone help , I need to replace the subframe bushes - .. does anyone have instructions on how to replace these bushes please??

are they difficult to do .also do I need puller or special removal/fitting tool???

help please

· Registered
6,064 Posts
I'll find a write up when I get time

· Registered
6,064 Posts
I used a torch to heat up the rim to soften te rubber and they popped right out with an air chisel

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I used a sub frame bushing removal tool which helped immensely. There are other ways as mentioned but buying the tool to do the job makes everything much easier.

I used jack stands to the hold the rear of the car up and then used my jack to support the rear differential (only the solid part of the diff, not the diff cover). I used an impact wrench to remove 2 bolts on one side, removed and replaced the bushings on the same side, put bolts back in with impact wrench and then moved to the other side.

It's a fairly straight forward job, it just takes some time and effort.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wooo ohh my god..... just seen the write up and pics , this job looks like a days work with two people and good weather + the correct tools ..these bushes look like alot of work to replace.
I have already replaced my RTAB bushes the ones that go up into the body, they were not too bad , but these subframe bushes look like a nightmare.

I think i'l leave them for now..Also can anyone advise on the approx life span of these bushes?

Thank you everyone for your swift replies and help... once again I have to say this forum is friendly and provides excellent advice ...A+++

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.