BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a BMW E36 series saloon version and I would like someone to help with the following question. I know that there is a laptop program that reads and/or changes the ECU values and information, and there is a proper cable to connect the laptop to my car. I don’t know where can I find or acquire freely this program, and the cables/connectors scheme so I can do them myself. I don’t know either where is on my car, the connector that allows this kind on connections. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot in advance! :wrench

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
you can buy software that downloads to your ecu from a connector under the hood, however reprogarmming from a lap top is more like hondata which is avalible for hondas but requires ecu chipping and another computer wired in with a data connector and software for yor lap top.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
you are aware that you must have an OBDII car in order for that to work? If your car is 95< then you cant plug it up and reprogram it. To reprogram an OBDII BMW, you need a shark injector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts