BMW Werkz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas just replace my pioneer with a newer alpine 7897 Mp3 etc. sounds& looks great! but now I have and want to put my Equalizer Sony XE-744 digital graphic display right under the CPU controls but the area is so tight, can I put anything there? where are the screws for me to remove them...is there a easier way or do I have to take apart the dashboard etc. dang thats a hassle...but thanks for any help in locating where/what to take apart. :driving

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay not actually the coinbox, but just picture the CPU right under the climate controls etc. theres and empty space to put anything there ie. CDs,key money coins etc..it just right infront of the shift knob...the free space area. Its looks removable but how w/o damage? I dont see any screws....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CPU---the clock area that cpu....the area under can that be removed?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
take out the obc by sliding a credit card under the center and pull the unit toward you. After that, the tray under it can be removed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
El Presidente<------you tha MAN thanks...saved me lots of time this way instead of removing just about the whole dashboard...lol thanks...

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
anytime

·
Registered
52 Posts
I didn't think that area was deep enough for a full din unit?? and your Sony is a full din.
Let me know how that goes please........

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sure will when done.....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay....the coin box area is tooo small to put anything there...don't bother...I install the EQ...on the rear window deck instead...sounds great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts