BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first BMW! But now I have big problem...
My BMW is from 1992., E36, 320i, 24v and it should fly! The engine sounds great :) but acceleration is veery poor! Well, it is not slow but it should be faster...
What should I check fist? What could be the problem(s)?

Please help me!

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Air filter, pull a plug and see what colour it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sir, used to have the same complaint as you. i just did the vanol seal replacement on my e36 320i 96, i have about 400km on the new seal. my car's acceleration is now far better than when i first got it. hope this help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sir, used to have the same complaint as you. i just did the vanol seal replacement on my e36 320i 96, i have about 400km on the new seal. my car's acceleration is now far better than when i first got it. hope this help
thank you for repliyng! but now im a bit embaresed because i dont know much about cars so i dont know what is "vanol seal"... :) i would be very greatful if you coul post me a link to some images or some text describing it and showing you how to change it... iif it is possible for an amateur to change it... i wanna learn... :) once again thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did! Ronndyanne PM me the link. Only thing is that i was watching, on youtube, movies and it makes big noise when you accelerate, but my engine works soo nice i cant belive something is wrong :) But ill see with the mecanic because i dont know how to exchange the part anyways and it looks complicated... and i see that you need some special tool for it... maybe you know where i can find good a manual for doing that ? thank you !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts